The demand to simplify both informal and formal business processes continues to increase as expectations change, new technologies emerge and competition grows can be addressed by following these four steps:
1) Identify the need for change by reviewing current issues or potential risks which should consider how each process impacts your organisation, resources and stakeholders (employees, customers, partners, suppliers, etc.).
2) Once you have decided which process you are going to improve you can analyse the current procedure to set realistic improvement objectives by answering the following questions:
• What in the process is broken?
• Which steps in the process create roadblocks?
• Which step requires the most time to complete?
• Which step causes the most delays?
• Are there any steps that cause costs/resources to go up?
• Are there any steps that cause quality to go down?
3) It is crucial that management understands the need for change to ensure they will support recommendations.
4) Create an Improvement Strategy that includes what steps in the process are broken, why and how they should be improved and any financial and resource implications.
If you are looking to gain operational efficiency, standardise data capture and business processes, increase visibility of information and business operations or enable collaboration amongst internal and external teams contact us today to discover how the X-Info products can simplify your day to day activities.